Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 An Incredible Year

Wow! I can't believe another year is coming to a close. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love New Years. This is just a great time of year... I start at Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) reflecting on all I have to be grateful for and then skate through Christmas, with the real excitement building for New Years.

New Years (birthdays too) is about new beginnings and reinvention. Something I think I am really good at. So.. the next couple of days, I think I'll take some stock and come up with my resolutions for 2011.


First - as always - I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband and our great relationship. He's IT for me! The reason I exist and the reason I work hard to make good decisions so that our life together just gets better and better. And of course because of him - I have a family to call my own and love! Chloe, Jenn and Cade are the blessings I never knew I could have ... never knew what I was missing. And we enjoyed TWO trips to England go hang out with Lil' Miss Jackson. January and November to celebrate her first birthday. 

Second - my health! I intend to work hard to preserve it in every way I have power to do so. I think with the discovery of this new WeightWatchers plan I'm going to be a thin person for the rest of my life. I'm seriously not dieting, but eating healthy as a way of life. And I feel like an athlete on this program. It was one of my goals this year (2010 - to live as an athlete... and ... looks like I discovered the tools to do so right here at the wire. OH - reached my 2010 goal to be bumped up to 3.5 in USTA. So.. check that one off too!

Third - my relationships and friendships. Brooke and Roy, Brooke's family (I adore her kids) the Bennetts, Hollie, Milton & Dia, Jim & Kristin, Volley Girls tennis team. Even Tammy Dyer showed herself this fall. I don't add a lot of people to my inner circle but am grateful for those that I do have.


 So.... tomorrow.. I think I'll blog about my resolutions. I'm forming them now. They are going to be way more than just weight loss and miles run.

Have you considered yours yet? I encourage you to do it!  

No comments: