Friday, October 9, 2009

A 40-Year-Old Athlete Is Born

In 2007 I had a lot of health issues and since then, I've become increasingly obsessed with enjoying how good I feel. I guess you don't really appreciate some things - like good health - until it seems it may be out of reach. Well, now I feel healthy ... with a vengeance. :-P

Recently, I've decided I want more.... I want to push the envelope. I want to compete.  I am feeling like an athlete... I want to BE an athlete.

So, I'm going to research, read, seek and contribute to my healthy lifestyle and maybe my journey will help or inspire others. So... the blog.

I've been reading a book called "Tribes" by Seth Godin http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ and I just feel a need to contribute. Maybe no one will care...  I might just be documenting. But maybe I'll connect with other women like me. Maybe I'll find a tribe of women who just want to feel good and push themselves.

TODAY'S ACTION:
It was POURING down rain this morning so I hopped on the elliptical. I'd rather be outside, but this is a nice little go-to workout.
15 minutes (forward/backward)
50 biccycle crunches w/pilates moves + 50 more
repeat
324 calories

But... ate like crap! However, I was wearing my smallest jeans today. :-)

No comments: